- Bentonite Clay – Draws out toxins and impurities from the skin.
- Kaolin Clay – Cleanses pores and reduces oily skin.
- Activated Charcoal Powder – Purifies the skin and helps to fight blackheads.
- Willow Bark Extract – A natural salicylic acid to gently, but effectively exfoliate the skin.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – Has antibacterial properties and helps to fight acne.
- Turmeric powder- Has anti-inflammatory components for glow & luster to the skin.
- Cleanse your skin before applying the mask. A clean face helps the mask penetrate your pores.
- Spoon out 1 tsp of powder to a bowl. Add slow trickle of Water/ACV(apple cider vinegar) /Yoghurt or Honey to form thick paste. Mix well.
- Apply the mask evenly over your face, including your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Gently apply the mask into your skin using a soft-bristled brush. Be careful not to get it into your eyes.
- Let the mask dry on your skin for 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
- Gently dry your face, then apply a facial moisturizer.
When to apply?
- It’s best to apply a charcoal mask once or twice a week.
- Because the mask needs to sit on your skin for about 15 minutes, it might be more convenient to include it in your night-time skin care routine.
- If you apply the mask in the morning, you can do so before getting in the shower, and then wash the mask off afterward.
Powders require little to no preserving ingredients, so synthetic preservatives that can irritate the skin are easily avoided. You can mix the texture of the mask yourself, so you can add as much or as little water as you like. You can even add extra ingredients to the mask such as honey, as an antibacterial, or avocado to soothe and hydrate. (Be aware, if you do this, it might get a little messy!)
Powders generally have a longer shelf life so you won’t need to worry about using it up as quickly.